Sunday, February 6, 2011

A bit of news

30th Worldwide SketchCrawl
Just a quick update…our local paper sent a photographer to our SketchCrawl and created a small photo gallery for the online version. You can see us in action by clicking on this link.


A Reprint
Other nice news – Artella has once again reprinted one of my blog articles in their e-Zine, The Art Journal Journey.  This article is one on leaf printing, and describes my explorations using watercolors and acrylics. If you’re interested in printing with leaves, you can read about leaf printing here, with my follow-up article here.


A past client shares photos
I did some illustrations for Miami-Dade County Department of Environmental Resources Management (DERM) that they used in signage for parks at Oleta River and at a rare scrub preserve. Robin Gray-Urgellés, the biologist working on the program, very kindly sent me photos of the finished kiosks as well as permission to use her images. Thank you, Robin!


And a past illustration is reused for a great event
If you are in the South Florida area Saturday March 12th, consider visiting The Randell Research Center in Pineland for their Sixth Annual Calusa Heritage Day event. You can find information here, and in more detail here.  I’m honored to have my illustration used for their promotional posters and flyers. The image is done on scratchboard and depicts a wooden mask surrounded by native plants used by the Calusa peoples.

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic illustration! I think you're the person whose post helped me try my first leaf prints! THank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! I love reading about your happy news :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've been busy! Congrats on all points and thanks for republishing the info on leaf printing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news, Elizabeth. You've sure got your fingers in a lot of pies, so to speak!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obtained a fantastic trip and a excellent encounter through looking at your blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I am so proud of you (and not surprised)....that your WONDERFUL artwork is being used in these educational prgrams!!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your scratchboard mask is great! ... and all the plants around it.

    ReplyDelete