Monday, April 9, 2012

In memory

Compton Tortoiseshell butterfly (detail, watercolor)
You won't see many of these butterflies in our state; perhaps in the Panhandle area of northern Florida.  I selected this butterfly painting to post because it's something that my Auntie Lo would have loved to spot on one of her past walks.  She passed this last week, and I felt the need to commemorate her life in some way.

She loved nature, and was always a positive and loving presence in my life.  I was fortunate to have a  visit with her last October, and to hug her one last time.  Thank you, Auntie Lo.

8 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your loss. Your Auntie would be thrilled to see this watercolor for sure. It looks like a photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss, Elizabeth. I have an aunt I am close to, also, and she is very special to me. The butterfly is a lovely memorial and I'm sure your aunt would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lisa and Kathy. She was a very special person in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, hard to believe that it is not a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Nate - I appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Aunt would be so pleased with the beautiful tribute.
    ct

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tribute to a special aunt.
    (((Hugs))) to you!
    Debo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, CT - I know she would be pleased.

    Thanks, Debo, for the hugs. I will always miss her presence.

    ReplyDelete